Air Products is building two of the largest renewable energy facilities in the world using advanced plasma gasification energy-from-waste technology, with the potential to revolutionize the waste-to-energy sector. The Tees Valley plants will be the first of their kind in the UK, and the largest of their kind anywhere in the world. ROCKWOOL Technical Insulation is supplying ProRox PS 971UK for the insulation of pipework.
Together the facilities will:
- Generate approximately 100MW combined, enough to power over 100,000 homes
- Help to generate green technology
- Divert over 700,000 tons a year of non-recyclable waste from landfill.
- Provide an environmentally responsible means of producing reliable baseload electricity
- Help the country and region to achieve renewable energy targets and reduce landfill